An interview with Mr. Charles Chin,
Chairman and CEO of INDIBA ASIA
INDIBA®, originated in Barcelona, Spain since 1983, has been dedicated to the research and development of medical and beauty devices for 38 years, with a number of international patents. INDIBA® has long been awarded a number of medical certifications by the US FDA and many other authorities including in the European Union, Japan, Korea, Singapore and many others. It is of no surprise that INDIBA® has drawn so much attention in the medical and aesthetics field all these years.
INDIBA® covers a wide range of treatments in the field of medical, physiotherapy & rehabilitation, beauty aesthetics, Spa and wellness and has gathered many customers and fans all over the world. SpaChina interviewed Charles Chin, the Chairman and CEO of INDIBA ASIA, to learn more about this legendary brand especially in wellness and aesthetics, and to get a foresight of its future development and plans.
What is the core technology of INDIBA®?
I would like to share with you three main features that lie at the heart of INDIBA®.
1. With more than 300 clinical reports, 19 international patents and another 6 patents under review, INDIBA® brings to China not only excellent devices, but more importantly, close to four decades of practical experience and cutting-edge technology.
2. With the specific and precise frequency of 448 kHz, the INDIBA Proionic System® facilitates the correct ion mobilization, with a suitable flow of ions between the extracellular and intracellular fluid, the cell’s electric potential is balanced and the cell recovers its physiological functions.
3.INDIBA® is a pioneer in diathermy innovation: the use of monopolar radio-frequency energy that move through the cells of various impedances and molecules to generate heat from within the body. The heat is generated from the body internally, to achieve a thermal effect that may last for 4 to 8 hours, thus improving metabolism and enhancing the core temperature of body. We know that higher body temperature allows the immune system to work at a healthier condition. The internal body thermal effect can effectively maintain a healthy immune system and subsequently improves the body’s health.
In summary, INDIBA® not only utilizes “heat”, but also uses the 448kHz Proionic frequency at non-thermal state to restore cells to their optimal conditions. Studies have shown that the combination of a precise and stable 448kHz frequency can promote biostimulation at the cellular level and enhance cellular function. Its regenerative, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, and value-added effects on stem cells can give anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, while promoting the recovery of fractures and soft tissue injuries, improving blood circulation (reduce swelling and bruising) and stimulating tissue regeneration. What is even more worth mentioning is that this frequency also has the ability to reduce fat formation, in other words, the rebound rate after fat reduction is low. This is a unique technology for the slimming industry.
What kind of businesses has INDIBA® worked with in China so far?
Since we entered China market in 2016, we have deployed and actively integrated INDIBA® in four major fields – sports medicine, medical aesthetics, beauty, and animal rehabilitation.
For instance, INDIBA®’s CT series has been included into the syllabus of Rehabilitation Study by the Beijing Sport University – the highest institution in China’s sports industry. Currently, INDIBA® systems can be seen at the Faculty of Physiotherapy in Beijing Sport University. So far, BSU has published three master’s theses and two bachelor’s theses based on the use of INDIBA® in improving sports injury recovery and on the treatment of bone and joint disorders.
INDIBA®’s sports medicine series have also been selected and procured by the General Administration of Sports of China as a technology brand to safeguard the medical condition of the athletes and at the same time improve their performance. INDIBA® has been used by several professional teams of General Administration of Sports of China, such as the athletics team, badminton team, shooting team as well as the archery team. In the sports medicine industry, INDIBA® is deemed as one of the most trusted brands by the champions.
In the medical field, INDIBA® NS Series is a professional medical device used in plastic & cosmetic surgery, dermatology, gynaecology and pain departments. This model is currently undergoing the China FDA registration process. Very soon, INDIBA® will bring about a new breakthrough to the medical field in China.
INDIBA®’s AH Series for animal rehabilitation provides extra care to horses in equestrian sports. In recent years, INDIBA® has also ventured into the small animal health market to improve the health of our little family members.
INDIBA®’s beauty range – the IA series and ER series were well regarded as the “Ace device” by beauty professionals soon after it was launched in China. To date, INDIBA®’s installation bases have exceeded one thousand units. We have been working closely with most of the top beauty organizations in China. More than 25,000 units of INDIBA are now installed globally. We sell direct to all our customers in the beauty industry, without engaging any third-party agents or distributors. We also avoid the “device sharing project” kind of cooperation as much as possible.
As INDIBA®’s branches in China, both INDIBA Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. and INDIBA Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. have the opportunity to directly serve each and every customer.
What INDIBA treatments are suitable for SPA and beauty salons?
INDIBA® delivers a wide range of treatments. Generally speaking, everyone who ever experienced INDIBA® would be deeply impressed by the comfort it brings them. In addition to our regular programs, I’d like to share with you some of the most popular treatments in China which are also unique to the market.
1. INDIBA® can work on the entire eye area without requiring the practitioners to wear eye shields or other protective tools, going over the upper and lower eyelids, and other delicate areas to reduce eye wrinkles, fine lines, to smoothen and firm the skin around the eyes. Additionally, it reduces eyes fatigue and dry eye issues suffered by people nowadays.
2. INDIBA® can work on the entire breast area, including the areola and nipples. In addition to breast-shaping treatment, it can also improve breast health, including postpartum breast engorgement, breast pain, and milk secretion problems.
3. In terms of body contouring, in addition to targeting subcutaneous fat, INDIBA® boasts the pioneer technology in the market to reduce visceral fat based on scientific evidence, a result that no other device in the market can deliver. Thanks to its unique 448kHz anti-adipogenic effect.
4. INDIBA® can also improve the conditions of arthritis, joint pain, joint stiffness, and more, significantly increasing the satisfaction of customers.
5. INDIBA® develops exclusive accessories and tools for specific treatments such as fascia treatment, woman’s health, scalp management, SPA sculpture, and etc. In the area of woman’s health, INDIBA® has obtained clinical reports for its results on endometriosis, polyps, pelvic inflammation, and pelvic floor muscle repair. INDIBA, with its Sculpture Kit designed for beauty salons and Spas, can deliver effortless yet effective massage results vs manual massage, ultimate body sculpturing effects on misaligned shoulders, buffalo hump, muffin top, abdominal tightening, saddle bag and leg toning. Visible result can be seen after the first treatment. The sub-health conditions of modern people can also be effectively prevented and improved with INDIBA®. Therefore, it brings added value and extra revenue streams to the beauty salons and Spas.
Of course, INDIBA® is not a magic, one should still go to the hospital if you are not well. However, INDIBA® is often used as a key complementary treatment to improve your health.
In the post-pandemic era, people are very interested in programs related to the immune system. What makes INDIBA different in terms of immune system enhancement?
INDIBA® has developed a protocol for immune system enhancement which has been in application for many years. In the post-pandemic era, INDIBA® medical team has come up with a solution to improve the respiratory functions of those who recover from COVID-19. It helps alleviate the symptoms, speed up recovery, and more importantly, largely improve the quality of life.
As we all know, immunity is closely related to health. Our latest generation – the sixth generation of INDIBA® – uses a breakthrough technology, with a patented compact modulation mode of 448 kHz and 20 kHz, that allow accelerated tissues repairing and an effective increase in the basal body temperature. Studies have reported that for every 1 degree Celsius increase in basal body temperature, the body’s immunity rises by 37%.
Furthermore, INDIBA® has been proven to be effective in balancing cells and promoting mesenchymal stem cells by up to 25%. We all know the functions of mesenchymal stem cells in the human body, and now people can enjoy the health benefits of INDIBA® treatments in a safe, comfortable and non-invasive way.
How do you see the market competition of brands and products with similar technology and functions?
“Revitalizing Lives” is our brand tagline and such is the vision and mission that keeps us going. We are relatively low-key in the market as we focus mainly on the “word-of-mouth” approach. It is the result of the effectiveness of our devices that speak for itself and help us gain the trust and confidence of our customers for many years and their repeat orders.
INDIBA® is ‘often imitated, never duplicated’ since its introduction from year 1983. The medical research team in Spain is constantly developing and innovating new products, while the Chinese team has vast experience in wellness, medical aesthetics, beauty, physiotherapy and rehabilitation. We are taking a scientific and rational approach to continually develop new Spa and beauty protocols. Today, it is becoming increasingly clear that health and beauty are closely intertwined, and INDIBA® is a brand that highlights such relation between the two. It redefines the beauty of life, INDIBA revitalizing lives.